Offered at: $6,000,000 : Sold for $5,550,000
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
Celebrating the first year of its second century, 115 Spruce Street remains a thing of beauty; a home suffused with “joy forever”.
From its intricate millwork to its voluminous public spaces, this brilliant jewel of a home, honors the best of its traditional design elements, while celebrating its thoughtfully executed contemporary upgrades, which combine to create a home of unparalleled form and function.
Whether formally entertaining in the elegant living room, dining room, and grand foyer; or enjoying a quiet moment on the west facing decks, tranquil garden, or comfortable family room; the home at 115 Spruce Street has been designed for modern living at its best.
Nestled among many of San Francisco’s grandest estates, the remodeled four bedroom, three and a half bath home is just one short block from the verdant open spaces of the Presidio to its north, and just a few short blocks from the fabulous Presidio Heights shops and restaurants along Sacramento Street, and Laurel Village to its south.
115 Spruce Street is that tranquil refuge: “Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing”.
Summary of features and amenities:
- 4 Bedroom, 3 Full Bath, and 1 Half Bath traditional and historic home on three levels, located in the heart of Presidio Heights; one of San Francisco’s most prestigious and sought after neighborhoods.
- 3,865 Sq. Ft. (per draftsperson).
- Built in 1922, the home is appointed with rich original architectural detail, gracious foyer and landing, hardwood floors, marble mantled fireplace, a handsome curved staircase, elaborate millwork and molding, leaded glass windows, and more.
- Exquisite interior design details in the Formal Living Room and Dining Room include custom wall treatments that complement the original architectural detail.
- The bright and airy west facing chef’s kitchen, with top-of-the-line appliances, handsome wet bar, and center island opens to a second informal dining area, with direct access to the outdoor deck and spiral stairs to the inviting backyard.
- An architecturally stunning semi-circular staircase leads up from the grand foyer to the home’s top floor. The luxurious and voluminous west-facing primary suite is graced with a sitting room/office, dressing room, and a spa like bathroom, which includes a soaking tub and steam shower. There are two additional east-facing bedrooms, one remodeled bathroom, and a laundry closet with stacked washer and dryer on this upper most level.
- An outside landing leads up to a flat solar paneled roof, which also happens to have breathtaking Bay and Golden Gate Bridge views.
- The garden level Media Room / Playroom is a happy haven for young and old alike, with easy access to a west facing veranda and rear yard.
- There is also a garden level au pair/guest bedroom suite with full bath.
- The climate-controlled wine cellar with wet bar is an Oenophile’s dream come true.
- One plus car garage parking with generous additional storage capacity, and a second laundry area.
- The home is just a few short blocks from the shops, restaurants, and cafes on Sacramento Street and Laurel Village.
- And just a block from the 1,491 acres of playgrounds, trails, and verdant open spaces of the historic Presidio of San Francisco.