Offered at: $36,000,000
Premier Historic Estate
Architecture is a visual art…
… reach what you cannot.
If the eternal quest for perfection is the noblest part of the Human Spirit; then surely the majestic home at 3630 Jackson Street is among the most noble in our beautiful City. Originally designed in 1916 by world renowned architect Julia Morgan, in the Tudor Style of an Elizabethan Manor, and then flawlessly remodeled a century later by its current owners, to the highest ideals of architectural integrity. The eternal quest for perfection continues to this day, and is evident in every detail of this magnificent Presidio Heights Mansion.
There is no home like it, anywhere in the San Francisco Bay Area. Every square inch has been thoughtfully planned, and artfully constructed. The unrivaled attention to every detail is a testament to the extraordinary investment of time and talent that the current owners have poured into their stately home.
The symmetry and balance they have achieved is as unfathomable, as it is profound.
The inviting home is at once grand, yet comfortable; formal, yet relaxed. There is a joy, and playful delight reflected in their every design decision, and a keen understanding of form and function in every living vignette. The end result is quite simply, sublime.
From its enormous street-to-street lot, directly across from the Presidio; to its rich architectural history; this Julia Morgan masterpiece is unrivaled, even among San Francisco’s most elegant and graceful estate homes.
In the renowned architect’s own words, “My buildings will be my legacy...they will speak for me, long after I'm gone.”
What better legacy to Julia Morgan than the magnificent residence at 3630 Jackson Street.
- 20+ Rooms, 8+ Bedrooms, 6 Full Bathrooms, and 3 Half Bathrooms on a slightly irregular 57.6’x177’x58’x172 (per tax records), street-to-street lot; from Jackson Street to Pacific Avenue; directly across from the Presidio.
- Approximately 12,022 Sq. Ft. (as per Architect) of improvements, designed by renowned architects, beginning with Julia Morgan and ending, most recently, with John Maniscalco.
- Early 20th Century Elizabethan Tudor Architecture, combined with countless 21st Century design elements.
- 10,145 Sq. Ft. parcel (per tax records).
- Highest quality custom made luxury materials throughout. Installed with unparalleled fit, finish, and craftsmanship: From the cabinetry, to the stone counters and bathrooms; to the light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, and appliances; to the curtains and carpets. Every detail is simply divine.
- Combined Gourmet Kitchen, Family Room, and al fresco Dining Deck with BBQ, all with Bay and Presidio Park Views.
- Butler’s Pantry, with Wine refrigeration cabinet.
- Formal Dining Room, with fireplace, and adjacent breakfast nook.
- Grand-scale entertaining rooms.
- A spectacular Primary Bedroom Suite that defies description, including wood burning fireplace, a separate clothing and dressing room with Bay and Presidio Park views.
- Second Primary Bedroom Suite with wood burning fireplace.
- Several offices.
- Four Fireplaces, two wood burning and two gas.
- Air Conditioning on the upper floors.
- One-of-a-kind Speakeasy/Karaoke Room, complete with disco balls, wet- bar, and separate half-bathroom.
- Multiple Panic/Safe Rooms.
- Serene views of the Bay, beyond the Presidio Forest, with filtered views of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Sunny gated brick courtyards.
- Pickle-ball Court and garden.
- Spectacular Designer Wine Room.
- Spacious Media Room, opening onto the backyard.
- Lower level Au Pair unit.
- Two Laundry Rooms.
- Two Plus Car Garage parking, with two EV charging stations, Dog Washing Station, and abundant additional Storage capacity in several walk-in closets.
- Additional off-street parking available in a gated courtyard, as well as on the long driveway.